Saturday, February 22, 2014

Old Vermont Cocktail

After enjoying a lovely getaway in Vermont last weekend I decided to nurse my post-vacation malaise with a drink that reminded me of time spent in the state. A friend of mine, Marisa, had gifted me with some maple bitters over the holidays as well as some adorable recipe cards including a gin-based cocktail she named the "Old Vermont", a darkly sweet, woodsy and citrusy tipple. I shook a double order up for me and the husband, and it was a perfect treat to mingle with warm memories. I'm looking forward to making a non-alcoholic cordial recipe also given to me by Marisa as well as concocting other drinks with the maple bitters!



Old Vermont Cocktail
Makes 2 drinks

Recipe courtesy of Marisa


*3 1/2 oz gin
*1 oz grade B maple syrup
*1 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
*1/2 oz fresh squeezed orange juice
*4 dashes maple bitters
*Ice cubes

Shake all ingredients vigorously and strain into a chilled glass.

My only addendum is to run a spent lemon or orange wedge around the rim of the glasses and dip in some maple sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment