Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jalapeño Margarita

I was rooting through my fruits & veg today for my cache of limes and found one lonely jalapeño tucked in with them, and decided to incorporate it into a margarita. This concoction goes down very smooth, and the lips tingle and swell from the spice sting. An excellent drink and drinking experience; I'll be simmering jalapeños in simple syrup for its cause all summer long.



Jalapeño Margaritas
Makes one drink, with leftover infused syrup

*1/2 cup water
*1/2 cup sugar
*1 jalapeño
*1 lime, juiced (about an ounce of juice)
*1.5 oz tequila resposado (I use El Espolon)
*1/2 oz triple sec

Bring water to a simmer in a small pan and dissolve 1/2 cup of sugar within while bringing to a boil. Reduce back to a simmer and add the sliced jalapeño, seeds and all. Simmer for 10 minutes, strain, and then pop into a small mason jar to cool in the fridge. In a shaker combine the lime juice, tequila, triple sec and 1/2 oz of the infused syrup, and shake with ice. Strain into a glass. Feel free to rim the glass with sugar or salt and garnish with a reserved slice of pepper and lime... I threw my garnish in the drink after photographing, and it got progressively spicier as I neared the bottom of the glass, much to my delight.




No comments:

Post a Comment