Friday, May 11, 2012

Tequila-Thyme Lemonade

While attending some garden event held at terrain a couple summers ago on a particularly sweltering day, I was handed a cupful of tequila-thyme lemonade poured from a large, sweating jug stuffed with lemon slices and bundles of thyme. One sip and I was hooked. When I got home I immediately started tinkering to get the proportions right on my own version, and its been a summer staple ever since. Luckily thyme spreads like wildfire in my garden, so I'm never wanting for the herb.



Tequila-Thyme Lemonade
Makes 2 servings

*2 cups lemonade
*3-4 oz of tequila (I use Espolon resposado because that's usually what I have on hand but you can definitely get away with using cheapo tequila in this)
*1 small bouquet of thyme
*Ice
*Lemon slice

Pour the lemonade and the tequila into a shaker. You could make your own lemonade, but I'm lazy and go with Simply Lemonade, which is delicious and a fine stand-in for fresh. Tie your bouquet of thyme together with a bit of thread and steep in the shaker for 10-15 minutes or so before removing. Strain and pour the drink over ice. You can divide the bouquet between the glasses for presentation's sake if you wish. Garnish with a slice of lemon.




No comments:

Post a Comment